The Truth of Judeo-Christianity is Simplicity at its Best but Never Simplistic at All
The Simplicity of Judeo-Christianity
Selected Writings of Josh McDowell
FREE eBOOK DOWNLOAD:
1. Jesus - A Biblical Defense of His Deity (147 pp.) >>> pdf download
2. He Walked Among Us (372 pp.) >>> pdf download
3. Christianity: Hoax or History (100 pp.) >>> pdf download
4. Reasons Skeptics Should Consider Christianity (244 pp.) >>> pdf download
5. Josh McDowell Answers Five Tough Questions (486 pp.) >>> pdf download
6. The Islam Debate (206 pp.) >>> pdf download
7. A Quest for Answers: The Da Vinci Code (132 pp.) >>> pdf download
8. The Occult (260 pp.) >>> pdf download
9. How to Help Your Child Say No to Sexual Pressure (172 pp.) >>> pdf download
10. Love Is Always Right (231 pp.) >>> pdf download
11. The Secret of Loving (216 pp.) >>> pdf download
12. God's Will, God's Best (162 pp.) >>> pdf download
After his conversion, his plans for law school turned instead to plans to tell a doubting world about the truth of Jesus Christ. After studying at Kellogg College, Josh completed his college degree at Wheaton College and then attended Talbot Theological Seminary, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Master of Divinity degree.
In 1961, Josh joined the staff of Campus Crusade for Christ International (now called Cru). Not long after, he started the Josh McDowell Ministry to reach young people worldwide with the truth and love of Jesus.
Well known as an articulate speaker, Josh has addressed more than 25 million people, giving over 26,000 talks in 125 countries.
As he traveled to other countries, Josh quickly realized that where people were sick, homeless, and hungry, words were not enough. In 1991, Josh founded Operation Carelift to meet the physical and spiritual needs he discovered in orphanages, hospitals, schools, and prisons in the countries of the former Soviet Union. Since that time, Operation Carelift has delivered humanitarian aid (food, clothing, and medical supplies) worth more than $46,000,000. That is the equivalent of 278 forty-ton containers. Nearly one million children have received school supplies, food items, hygiene items, and toys from the volunteers that traveled twice a year to share God’s love with them.
Josh has received two significant honors from the Russian people because of these efforts. He was elected as an honorary fellow of the Medical Society (The Medical Union of Pediatrics) of Russia on January 24, 1995—in recognition of his work among the children of Russia. Also, Josh is the only foreigner to become a member of the prestigious Russian Club of Scientists. Operation Carelift, which has grown into in one of the largest humanitarian aid organizations based in the United States, is now a part of Global Aid Network (GAiN USA).
In the United States, Josh and his team have created many cutting-edge live events to help young people stand strong and firm in their faith in the face of a rapidly-changing culture. These have often developed into full-blown campaigns, such as:
Since 1960, Josh has written or co-authored 138 books including:
In addition to many other awards, Josh has been nominated 36 times for the Gold Medallion Award and has received that award on four occasions.
In spite of all the honors and awards he has received, Josh will tell anyone that his greatest joys and pleasures come from his family. He and his wife Dottie have been married over 40 years. They have four children and eight grandchildren.
+ + +
The Simplicity of Truth
Collected Writings of Stuart Allen
FREE eBOOK DOWNLOAD:
1. On Reading the Bible (74 pp.) >>> pdf download
2. The Glory of God (4 pp.) >>> pdf download
3. God's Word – Written (14 pp.) >>> pdf download
4. Prayer (10 pp.) >>> pdf download
5. The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit (20 pp.) >>> pdf download
6. The Lord Jesus Christ: God or Only Man? (20 pp.) >>> pdf download
7. The Kingdom of God in Heaven and on Earth (94 pp.) >>> pdf download
8. The Unfolding Purpose of God (259 pp.) >>> pdf download
9. The Interpretation of Scripture (31 pp.) >>> pdf download
10. The Early Centuries and the Truth (46 pp.) >>> pdf download
11. The Church (5 pp.) >>> pdf download
12. Baptism (7 pp.) >>> pdf download
13. Tongues Speaking Today: a Mark of Spirituality or Deception? (16 pp.) >>> pdf download
14. Pentecost (24 pp.) >>> pdf download
15. The Acts of the Apostles and Afterwards (274 pp.) >>> pdf download
16. The Galatian and Roman Epistles of Paul (196 pp.) >>> pdf download
17. The Early and Pastoral Epistles of Paul (357 pp.) >>> pdf download
18. Letters from Prison (332 pp.) >>> pdf download
19. What is the Meaning of Prayer? (2 pp.) >>> pdf download
20. Resurrection and the Purpose of the Ages (13 pp.) >>> pdf download
21. The Resurrection of the Dead: the Saved Only, or Saved and Unsaved? (7 pp.) >>> pdf download
22. What is a Christian? (3 pp.) >>> pdf download
23. Why Berean? (4 pp.) >>> pdf download
24. World Conditions and the End of the Age (17 pp.) >>> pdf download
>>> Stuart Allen was, for over 25 years, the Principal of the Chapel of the Opened Book where he ministered as a preacher, teacher and author. He saw one of his aims as being to open the Scriptures to those with no theological training. Both his writing and speaking styles are easy to follow, yet his messages always manage to explore the deeper riches of the Scriptures. Many people testify that they have received great joy and blessing from his recorded messages and written works for over 40 years. Mr Allen fell asleep in Christ in early 1998.
+ + +